⚡ VP HR, Talent & People Ops
🚀 DeepTech Clean Energy Stealth Mode Start-Up (high growth)
🌎 Portland, Oregon (hybrid)
💰 $150-200k base + substantial equity
Want to create a more sustainable future working for a Renewable Energy DeepTech start-up? Then we want to talk to you!
This Stealth Mode Ocean Technology start-up is looking for a VP of HR & People Operations to help build and scale all business operations functions in the company, whilst contributing critically to the comapny strategy and direction. The right person will be responsible for leading the Human Resources, People Operations and Talent functions, with a strong critical mind and conceptual thinking.
Combining the incredible growth trajectory with its strong mission-led objectives, this is one of the most exciting Renewable Energy companies to work for – joining at this stage of their journey could be career changing!
- Lead all HR functions including payroll and stock option administration, comp and benefits, feedback and review systems, etc.
- Act as a strategic partner and collaborate with other leaders across the organisation to help develop and shape the company’s “operating system” that fosters a culture of world-class innovation
- Build and lead a team of excellent recruiting and operational HR professionals whoe mission is to continuously reduce anything that serves as a barrier to productivity
- Partner with hiring managers to deliver a scalable recruiting strategy which finds world class talent, accurately assesses candidates against the company’s needs/standards, and ensures an excellent candidate experience
- Work with other company leaders to keep the hiring process and list of open roles in sync with the changing strategic and tactical needs of the company
- Continuously track technological advancements and trends in the field of HR to ensure the most advanced and efficient systems are in place
- 10+ years experience in a cross-functional people operations role, or 5+ years with evidence of rapid growth in responsibilities
- 7+ years leading multiple people operation functions, including comp & benefits administration, performance management and feedback systems, strategic hiring and assessment, recruiting operations, employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, workers’ compensation, and employment leave practices
- Hands-on knowledge of people operational objectives and best practices
- Current with relevant employment laws and regulations and experienced with demonstrated experience integrating changes into day to day operations
- Experience building, improving, and scaling processes from the ground up
- Ability to contribute to high-level organizational strategy, set HR strategic direction in alignment with organization’s priorities, and drive implementation to achieve results
- A drive to actively seek out feedback and translate it into opportunities for improvement.